June 2, 2010

Le'Darling Ramble



Work. Work. Work.
It's seems that the only thing I've done lately is work. Usually I get off around twelve which gives me time to enjoy the day but this week I have been stuck in the office from 7 until 7. Only Two more days until the weekend and then I will be speeding off to Houston for this:


Free Press Summer Fest is held at Houston’s Eleanor Tinsley Park so I'm preparing myself for the blistering heat. RaRaRiot and Girl Talk will be playing on Saturday and Lymbyc System, Lucero, Stars and the Flaming Lips will be performing on Sunday along with many others. There's something about live music outdoors that makes me incredibly giddy. I'll be soaking up a little Vitamin D, listening to some amazing bands, and spending time with amazing people.

Other than Summerfest I really don't have any other plans. To be completely honest all I want to do is stay in, watch a few good movies, curl up with the boy and be lazy. The past few weeks have been terribly busy and all I would like to do is simply kick back and relax.

I'm No Traitor
It's June! This means we are only days away from the World Cup Kickoff. I'm super stoked about England's opener. Their first match is next Saturday against USA. I know this makes me a terrible American but I have to support my Chelseafc boys. John Terry, Coles Joe and Ashley and Frank Lampard have been selected in England's final 23.

The 23-man squad in full is:

Robert Green
Joe Hart
David James
Glen Johnson
Jamie Carragher
Ledley King
John Terry
Matthew Upson
Rio Ferdinand
Ashley Cole
Stephen Warnock
Gareth Barry
Michael Carrick
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
James Milner
Aaron Lennon
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Joe Cole
Wayne Rooney
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Emile Heskey.

(I'll also be rooting for the Ivory Coast in support of my other Chelseafc favorites Drogba and Kalou.)

England's Fixtures
Match: 5 Date: June 12 Time: 20:30 Venue: Rusternburg V. USA
Match:23 Date: June 18 Time: 20:30 Venue: Cape Town V. Algeria
Match: 37 Date: June 23 Time: 16:00 Venue: Port Elizabeth V. Slovenia

Music for my Soul
What is there not to say about Ray Lamontagne. The guy is composed of pure talent. He has been my go to guy for every bad mood that I have ever found myself in. I've discovered that as a person he is just as interesting as his music. LaMontagne is particularly known for his raspy voice, which he says he learned by singing through his gut and not his nose. LaMontagne refers to himself as a "very private person", and rarely gives interviews. He also usually does not interact much with the audience between songs during his live shows and has been known to perform in the dark to avoid distracting bright lights and to separate himself from the audience because of his shy nature. Also he doesn't do music videos because he is extremely critical of himself and believes music videos should be left for beautiful people. This song I'm sure you have seen me post it many times before but for me it's too beautiful not to share again.