June 15, 2010

Belated June.

The world is smaller than you think, and the people on it are more beautiful than you think. -- Bertram van Munster

In all honesty I have been a very neglectful blogger. Between work and weekend trips to Houston I haven't found the time. The past few weeks are just a titanic blur now. The days seem to have left as quickly as they came. We are practically in the middle of June and the middle of the year. Where did that thing called time go?

Somewhere in between work, mastering the art of sushi, Mario kart, chasing ice cream trucks around suburbia and eating pickled green beans, I forgot all about making June's play list. So this week I've been in musical heaven creating the perfect mix for summer. Anyone who knows me knows that my mood is pretty much defined by what is coming through my speakers, and how one song can instantly change the way I feel so I made this play list with my best intentions in focus. Enjoy it



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Do you ever happen across a song and instantly it changes your life and for that few minutes you find yourself in love? Well I only had one other song to do that for me and while picking a few goods for the summer mix I stumbled upon a new little treasure and as I replayed it over a good twenty odd times I realized how crazy in love I was with every part of this song. Jack and Jill by Kim Richey has been placed right next to Snow Patrol's Run as the only two songs that soundtrack my life (thus far). It's her voice and the immediate connection and adoration I feel to the lyrics that warms every part of my soul. It's a song that makes me believe that she jumped into my heart for a few months and from that she lyrically described what she felt while dwelling there. Is my affair with this song true love or just a summer fling? I sure hope Miss. Richey is here to stay.

While being completely smitten over this song I must confess, listening to it makes me think of the unbelievably wonderful relationship that found its way to me. The relationship that wasn't suppose to happen…but did! When it’s spinning I can’t help but feel the same things I did for him through the development of this incredible thing the two of us have now. This song is a constant reminder of how lucky I am to have this amazing person apart of my life and how much I miss him when he's not next to me.

Free Press Review
I enjoyed the Heck out of Free Press. We missed out on Lymbyc Systym which I thought would ruin the rest of the day but didn't. It rained, and we found shelter under some artist's tent. It rained some more and we did some people watching, we laughed as silly people ran and slipped in the mud, we laughed at the few who were drenched so bad you could see through their clothing, and we laughed really hard as a few guys tried selling plastic Poncho’s for five dollars a pop (their retail value being 50cents). The heat immediately drove us to the dos equis line but that little can was no match for the thick damp heat but the large strawberry snow cone we basically inhaled was! Despite the torture of mother nature I still managed to have a wonderful time. I ran into some beautiful familiar faces, spent some quality with the mister, and was even introduced to an extremely talented and fun band called GIVERS. They are a quintet from LAFAYETTE, Louisiana and they make you want to dance. I did anyway.



Futbol Friday
Tomorrow is Friday. I love Fridays! What I love even more is Futbol and tomorrow I have a date with Mr.Lampard as Enland Vs. Algeria. England are in a bit of a shambles in the back right now after the nature of their draw with the US in the opening game. Green and Rooney have a direct line to my temper so I’m hoping they can prove themselves tomorrow. With Slovenia’s win, not unexpected but still an important confidence boost and an even more important three points, the group is a three horse race. England’s obviously strongest on paper and will want to prove that, but after the first round of games, it’s becoming evident the second place in Group C is likely to be playing this new Germany. No one wants that. We also need to avoid a draw or risk fighting against a Slovenian bus for our World Cup lives. I’ll be watching from the office tomorrow, I hope my employees are ready for a little yelling and sailor talk.



These big eyes of mine just told me they would not like to be open anymore. I must respect their wishes! Thank you Kindly for reading. Good night friends. LeDarlingChelc

- LeDarlingChelc