June 30, 2010

Le' Sleepy Bones

"Of your eyes but go in disguise like a sleepyhead, sleepyhead"




I’m currently sitting in front of the television, rocking one of the mister's oversized tee-shirts. It’s been a while since my last post. I've been working on some fresh ideas for the blog and simply lost my focus on updating. I wish I could share every little detail about my adventures the past few weeks but this post would be exceedingly long.




Even though it was a beautiful day I stayed inside and laid low. Today consisted of waking up early and heading to the Onstage office, where I worked until one. I was up late due to the mass mosquito bites attained from last night’s photo shoot. My body was covered in whelps and hydrocortisone crème, after that failed to mitigate the relentless itching I resorted to Benadryl! Two Benny’s down and I was lucky to have heard the alarm this morning. I had to keep the coffee in constant rotation so I wouldn’t fall asleep on the job. When the clock struck one I skipped out to that cute red car where I merrily drove myself home with one plan for the afternoon in my head… SLEEP! And that’s exactly what I did.


Alternative Apparel Unsigned Artist Competition
The guys covered Aqualung's song 'Brighter than Sunshine' for the Alternative Apparel Unsigned Artist Competition! We need your help to get them to the #1 spot.
Here is how you can help:
1. Voting Daily from any computer you can get your hands on! (Voting closes this Saturday)
2. Tell all your friends, family and even random strangers you meet!
3. Posting this message on your Twitter, Facebook and Myspace:
Please go & vote for CastleLights (formerly LightParade) for the Alternative Apparel
contest!
http://www.alternativeapparel.com/unsignedartist/?pbb_qsi=45843429#pbbh2816p


Click to Vote for CastleLights!



Should we call this dating or just comically squabbling?
The other day, the mister and I took a trip to the Home Depot to pick up a few bags of concrete mix. After Aaron had loaded the 50-pound bags into the basket, I thought it would be kind if I gave his arms a rest and pushed the heavy buggy to the check out. Before my hands could touch the buggy the mister stepped in between and said, " This is the home depot, a manly store! The men in here would all look down on me if they saw you pushing. It would be different if this was a buggy full of groceries, so the next time we are at Wal-Mart I'll let you push." It took all the self-control this body contains to not fall on the floor in uncontrollable laughter. This is but a small example of how silly we get when we're together. A necessary ingredient for any relationship is humor and I'll be the first to tell you that’s one ingredient that is never lacking. I'm sure the majority of our daily conversations are made up of jokes about one another and returning sarcastic responses. I joke with him about being a big mouth and he jokes with me about being an ass. He knows just what types of music make my ears bleed so while trapped in the car he jams them on max volume and I know that tickling the bottom of his feet drives him crazy so I never miss any open opportunity. He knows all the wrong buttons to push and plays on them like a damned video game and I work on his like a ninja pushing them at unexpected moments. I know that when I want my way he falls for the sad puppy dog face (every time) and when he wants his way he just "Jedi Mind Tricks" me. The seriousness in this relationship is next to none, which I think explains how fun and laid-back it is. The fact that we can poke fun of each other all the time and after its all said and done we know it's wholly done out of love.





A Wicked Date
I really hate to generate jealousy with stories of the amazing dates that Aaron fashions together… but I must mention this past jewel. After getting rushing to get all “fancied up”, we headed to downtown Houston, where my extremely attractive bearded boyfriend had two tickets for WICKED, the broadway musical. Our seats couldn’t have been better and the production was astounding. Act I left me speechless when it ended with Defying Gravity, the one musical number I had highly anticipated seeing. Most people wouldn’t consider a date involving singing witches, flying monkeys and dancing green people to be very enjoyable…BUT I DID!
And to be honest when the boyfriend cleans up…keeping my hands to myself becomes an impossible task.





Poisonous
"You swim against the tide, yet you drowned in the sky."
The once highly anticipated month of July, is now just a 31 day mess of the year that I wish 2010 would have erased off the calendar. I’m actually elated this year is passing quickly I’m so ready for this month to be over with. I plan on keeping myself busy spending time with the mister and when I’m not with him I sleep it away. I’m looking forward to Friday so I can take my usual road trip to Houston to be with my little family and escape this disgust for a few days. Maybe tomorrow I’ll debut my bitter mix prepared for this wretched month… entitled Le’Suck!

Daily Farewell
This little lady is ready to tuck herself into bed.
I refuse to end my night on a bad note so I’m going to watch Away We Go, draw a beard on my pillow and pretend it’s that dreamy guy I call boyfriend, and enjoy an extremely unhealthy late night snack. And no one in the verse has the power to stop me!
I miss my two sweethearts and wish I could be cuddled next to them.




I'll leave you with this video summing up my thoughts for the day.
Sweet Dreams Beautiful!