March 18, 2010

weekend trip to wonderland



"This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless" empire records

Last night I went to Denton to listen to some friends play at a neat little club called Andys. I met so many great new people and Lightparade and Barcelona killed it! All together it was an amazing experience.  If you haven't heard of either bands it would be wise to check them out.

Myspace.com/lightparade : some of the best guys you'll ever meet , with killer talent and great music. Even though they were worn from traveling and a showcase at sxsw they still brought the goods and delievered one of their best performances. The one and only thing I would have changed would be the mix, I think Tylers vocals should have been turned up a great deal more, maybe that would have been different if he didn't sound check with a drake cover (only joking). A couple weeks ago LP went to Nashville to do some songwriting with some very talented individuals, like but not limited too, Ross Copperman and Stephen from Anberlin. I almost feel obligated to brag about that because it's just an awesome and most deserved experience. They played a couple new songs they masterminded and brought home from Nashville, which went down smoother than butter. I find it very impressive that they flawlessly rocked out a few songs written less than two weeks before.  It's fun seeing the boys connect not only with the crowd but with each other and having fun. It's hard being on the road with the same people for days at a time, opinions and personalities start to clash, things don't always go as plan, and you start to get homesick. But when these guys take stage it's all forgotten and all worth it to them... you can see the love each of them have for each other and their music. I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with them and some of the important people in their lives. 


http://www.myspace.com/barcelona: Up until a couple weeks ago I had never heard of them. I was able to listen to a couple tracks before the concert but honestly didn't think they lived up to all the hype. That is of course until I saw them play live. The first thing that sparked my attention was when they brought out the Rhodes during set up. A Rhodes is like a little guarantee stamp that it is going to be a decent show. But this band from Seattle, Washington is phenominal! They put so much emotion and passion into their performance that their recorded album just doesn't do them justice. Before the show we had a chance to talk to Brian ,the beautiful vocals of Barcelona, and he was telling us the story behind how his girlfriend and him met. It was really sweet and unexpected because it's not really a topic guys will just bring up and openly talk about. I wish that girl knew how lucky she is that her boyfriend is always thinking and bragging on her when he is off on tour.   
Anyways , I want to relay to you what was told to us during our brief heart to heart about his girl back home.  Brian and this girl had always known of one another, never really talked but they were aware of the others existence. Few years later at a supermarket they saw each other and in that glance totally hit it off. Without speaking to each other Brian walks out to his car and I think she had left her number or something. Needless to say she made the first move.. Which is very respectable because obviously she knew what she wanted and come on... who doesn't like a girl who isn't afraid to go for what she wants. He told us how there was an age difference but how it didnt matter. He referred to her as an old soul...And now she is "his" girl, who he carries on tour with him (in his heart and actions of course) and who is so happy to go home too when the tour is over.  

And wrap your mind around this... It snowed all night. We are talking inches of beautiful, pure white snow. A snowball fight even took place.. Still not sure how it happened but I am sure I got owned. I enjoyed a snowball right on the center of my head. Coffee will never be able to wake me up like this pound of freezing ice that dribbled down your neck and back did. I would like to extend thanks to that very kind and giving person for that gift of near frostbite!
 
Our fingerprints don't fade from the people we touch. The ringing of truth in that previous sentence is almost overwhelming. Someone wise once said " what we do in life can and will have an impact on someone elses life."  At this moment there are around 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one. I'm don't regret anyone I've ever met because they have shaped me into the person I am now. Sometimes you lose sight of the fact that we not only mold ourselves in life, we are also sculpting others. Humans are a falling race meaning we can never be perfect all the time but i've seemed to overlook the fact that I have alot of people that look up to me and I want to apologize to any and everyone that has recently been let down by me. Heck, I'll be the first to admit I screw up just as much as the next person, but I will always own my mistakes. That's honorable right? I'm not asking to be placed back on your pedestool, Im just saying I'm aware of my mistakes ( I own them, they do not own me) and I still feel like I can be a good influence and I'm ready to mold greatness into a few people. Whoever you are and whatever part of my life you have taken part in I love you and thank you for making me the girl I am today.

This seems to be a long blog and though I have plenty more to say, I'll spare you (just today)! Lo and I are curled up in bed, and I'm a little restless lying awake with feelings that good things are in the making for my life. 
Sweet dreams followers.
Ledarlingchelc