March 16, 2010

One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free

Oh what a morning for a good lecture. Just a few thoughts I've had dancing around my head for the past twenty four hours. I promise this is the last time I am going to blog on this subject.

There is so much hate being thrown around. Hurtful things are being said and reckless actions are taking place. I'm over it. I've never been the one to hold grudges. In fact I'm the person who can't stand it when people are upset with me and I'm always the first to apologize even when I know I've done nothing wrong. I'm the person who wants the fastest route to forgive and forget. I don't keep records of wrongs. But For most Forgiveness is never easy. Bitterness is easy , Hatred is easy. But forgiveness, that is a tough one. Sometimes people say things they don't mean or do things they can't take back. We're all afraid of something. I've realized that what I have done is not who I will be. So I have Unburden myself from the mistakes of the past. Because when you do, your heart grows stronger. Ida Scott Taylor once wrote: "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering." You cant do that with hate in your heart. No one person will ever be perfect 100% of the time. Just love one another, that means accepting their faults and loving them anyway.


Funny story for the day: For lunch I made some noodles and while I was waiting for them to cook I snacked on some trail mix. As some may already know... I despise raisins!  Despise them with every part of disgust accumulated in my body. Every time I stick my hand in the bag I have to pull it out, open my hand and assort through them picking out the "has been" grapes. It's just really Inconvenient, which makes me not like them even more.  Lying there on my couch I started thinking awful things about raisins. Like whoever invented them should have been shot, immediately! But what was really funny is how I started to compare them to zombies. Its completely ridiculous but think about it, they were both once normal beings,  juicy and ripe with great coloring... and then one day the life got sucked out of them and they became all decomposed and shriveled up. Another comparison is they both freaking sneak up on you. You sort through your handful of trail mix trashing the stupid raisins, when you pop the handful into your mouth and Bam! you taste a terribly potent, rotten grape! Just when you thought you were safe they come out of no where and get you, just like zombies. 


On another ridiculous note, I'm totally Curled up on the midget couch listening to Hanson. Oh yes! You read correctly, HANSON. Some might say it's sad but I still have a soft spot for them. Keep in mind we are not talking about mmmbop. We are talking about the more mature album, This Time Around.
Such a great album which holds so many amazing memories. You know how you listen to a certain song or record after a long period of time and you still remember exactly where you where and exactly how you felt when you heard it for the first time. I love that about music and this handsome trio does it for me. It makes me miss that little girl I once was.

I have so many things that need to be done. So I'll leave you with this. It's one of my favorite lines from a movie. I want you to take from it whatever it means to you.

" I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free." v for vendetta

adieu.