October 19, 2009

My song is Love.



Such a lonely weekend in the city.
The boy had two shows back in Beaumont this weekend. He left on Thursday, since then there has been a lot of walks in the park, Christmas knitting, amazing weather complemented by the most extravagant sun rises, cuddling up with lonely and lots of hot chocolates. His Absence gave me some time to spend with another love of mine, Music. Many... Many Cd's Later, I updated a few songs just perfect for these beautiful days/nights.



Its on rare occasion that you find songs that are pure poetry for your soul. Songs that will play and you remember how it made you feel the first time you heard it , where you were in this big world, and what was happening at that moment in time. In those songs lies little or big pieces of your self, your secrets, regrets, emotions, questions of... Who I was, the person I am now, and who I want to be. Its all embedded into each line of the song. I guess what I mean to say is that music is where I find myself. It's a strong connection between my personality, my mind, and (most of all) my heart. There are certain songs that can break you and some that will lift you. No matter what kind of person I become, music will always have a passionate hold on me.


I think William Shakespeare captures life better than I myself ever could:
Brutus:
"There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures."

What I think that means is that life is too short and opportunities are scarce. We have to be vigilant in guarding them, and not only in the opportunities to succeed, but the opportunity to laugh, to see the enchantment in the world. AND TO LIVE. Power is a force that ebbs and flows in time, and one must "go with the flow." Waiting around only allows your power to pass its crest; if the opportunity is "omitted", you'll find yourself stranded in "miserable shallows."


My Christmas List Extended:

Solar Powered Rainbow Maker

Make your own rainbows... naturally! This tiny machine takes the power of sunlight with a solar panel to turn a multifaceted crystal which then deflects light to create a rainbow.
I would love to wake up in the mornings and have little tiny rainbows all over the place.


My song of the week: