May 6, 2010

Feel you in my bones



It is was a messy hair, windows down, Minus the bear up Kind of Day.

his name was Robert paulson
Found myself waking up in the mountains this morning. Such an amazing start that the day never even had a fighting chance of being bad. I guess it is rooted from the way I fell asleep. I had called it a night early, somewhere around 6 that afternoon and woke up only to talk to 83. Of course that never fails placing me in the best of all moods. When it was time to say our good nights, my body wasn't ready to flip on autopilot and I just laid still awake for nearly an hour. Of course that's dangerous for me to do because my mind tends to over analyze things it shouldn't. So when automatic sleep failed, I flipped on the lamp and reached for the Palahniuk.

“You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.”

What book? There shouldn't be a single soul on earth who doesn't recognize what book that quote leaks from! I cant express how in love I am with Chuck Palahniuks writing style. It's so vivid and raw, he never candy coats things or paints a picture that isn't real life. He has the tendency to view or represent things as they really are. I guess that's why I'm so sewed into his novels! Although they are fiction they are not some happy non realistic version of the world. Any mood I ever find myself in I know there is a quick cure in his works. The main reason I reached for Fight Club was for the simple fact that his ideas take me from the pages and Palahniuk forces you to evaluate your own way of life by showing you how simply meeting someone who can make you think, this way can be completely changed.

"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."

I am so happy with everything at this specific point in time.
I celebrated by playing outside the majority of the day in my big black summer hat :)
I'm living in a dream but its real life. Makes since right?...of course it does!
I hope everyone at one point in their lives will get to feel this exuberant amount of happiness (even if it is fleeting).
and I would glady share it.