March 31, 2010

your bones are my bones.



Edward Thomas once said “The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence.” It always sucks leaving and I wish I could lay there until the sun peaks through the windows, but I can’t. I have to watch the sun rise over the road, alone, once again. I don’t mind as much when I have a time line of when it is I will see the birds again. 6:30 rolls around. It’s time to throw my sweater and sneakers on and hit the road once more. And then I’m gone.

________________________________________




The Baby Bird is fast asleep on the floor behind me. He played so hard, he just passed right out. Since his mommy is in the hospital we weren’t able to give him a party so I’m doing my absolute best to make this the best first birthday for him. It blows my mind that Harper is one today. That year went by at nearly light speed. To think I can still remember looking at him through the nursery window for the first time, and it feels like just a couple weeks ago. Lately, I’ve caught a lot of Laci in him, which really warms my heart. My sister has always been my best friend so it feels like I’m hanging out with a little part of her today, while she is being treated like a lab rat.



"The most powerful type of Love"
Do you believe at love at first sight? Of course I do, but in a very strict sense. I was a skeptic, like most; it took a couple hours in July to change my mind. The day Kaden was born I knew as soon as I laid eyes on him that my heart would always beat for him. Its mind blowing how instant the connection between him and I was, how just the sight of those big blue eyes touched my soul. From that day forth I was convinced I could never love anything as much as that tiny human. There just wasn’t enough room. The day Laci told me she was expecting again, I immediately felt bad for the unborn. At the time I couldn’t imagine loving anything equally to Kaden, and to be completely honest I didn’t want Laci to have another baby. Nine months of stubborn resentment and then a phone call one early morning... Harper was on his way. Waiting was a pain, Laci was in pain, Kaden was being a pain and thinking how this baby was going to fit in was tiring. Hours later a tiny infant was raised up to the window and as instant as it was the first time, the same feelings found their way to my heart. The very second they placed his little frame into my hands was one of the greatest moments of my life. I knew that I would love those two boys until my last day and that my love came at no cost, had no conditions and would be constant. That’s Love at first sight, and if you don’t believe in it then you have yet to experience it and I feel sorry for you.

________________________________________


MUSIC.



Though not a very valued musical opinion, Q Magazine came out with “There” 100 greatest front men issue. Guess who is number one? None other than Liam Gallagher of Oasis! Don’t get me wrong, I love both the Gallagher brothers and would definitely put Liam on the list, but not Number 1. The Rolling Stone is probably eating this up right now... As well as half of the Rock-N-Roll world! Next Issue of the stone should feature the lazy journalism of Q. Since we have time, let us ponder what Liam had that Bono, Axl Rose, Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie , Robert Plant, Ian Anderson.. The list could go on forever. For Pete’s sake they listed Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Weren’t they in the same band? Anyone that has a subscription to this magazine, cancel it! After this featured article I’ve figured its nothing but bloody rubbish.

Minus the Bear.
I would love nothing more to see them in concert again. May 14 2010 8:00P
House of Blues Houston, Texas. I'll be keeping a close eye on my schedule so there is no conflict in Schedules.

“Is it possible to put this night to tune, and move it to you?”

http://www.myspace.com/minusthebear


ALSO:


http://www.myspace.com/fanfarlo