March 27, 2010

You hold on tight, just to let go!

Its morning, I throw on my Sunday’s best and you throw on that damned green shirt! We call dibs on who gets the bathroom first. Of course it ends up in a mad dash. I'll go down swearing that you only won because of that stuffed animal road block. You always took advantage of me being clumsy. Being the little jerk you were you made sure you took your time! Of course your bright red hair fell perfectly and you were always wearing something completely unique that only you would be able to pull off. By the time you were done I got a whole 5 Min's to get ready before your Dad yelled for us to stop being pre-Madonna’s and get our cute butts in the car. I never thought mornings like that would turn into cherished memories. I wish I could remember every moment we spent together. I can say I'm so very thankful for the memories I do have. You were a big part of my life. I'll never forget the time we broke the elevator in Flordia and assumed we were going through the roof. Images of you and Kels piled on the floor in the corner and I yelling "I almost peed my pants!" right after the door opened up to about ten senior guys. As much as I wish you were here to laugh with me ( actually, I've got a pocket full of reasons why you should be here with me) I know that you are in a better place. Yesterday was 4 years since your early departure. HASHBROWN, you are still very alive in my heart. There is still so much of you left in things I see, places we use to go, things we use to talk about, and in songs we use to over play. Lately I've thought of you still being here and how much you would probably want to kick the crap out of me. The future isn't turning out at all like we planned out Ash, but it's all a part of a plan much greater than our own. Ashley Sheridan Brown our left handed, freckle faced, red head … I miss you.

"Our parting is not the end of our relationship, only an interruption."


___________________________________




Currently I am driving to pick Harper up and bring him to the doctor to get him tested for Swine Flu. Laci, my sister, was admitted to the hospital Sunday afternoon. What she thought was merely mono and a few kidney stones actually turned into Swine with a swollen liver. Of course she will be fine. Laci is one of the strongest people I know, that's how it's always been growing up. So I'll probably have Harp most of this week, which I have absolutely no problem with. That little tike has been missed so much and I can't wait to spend some good quality time with him. It's been long overdue. Did I mention he is going to be one tomorrow. What the heck, where did the time go?

The sun is rising in front of me... Another day! The pinks play with the oranges and bleed into the blue and purples. A sight as beautiful as this really assures you that every little thing is going to be alright.

Lovedrug's EP – PART I is on repeat today.

If you haven't yet listen to lovedrugs 2010 album it. Click and Enjoy.
Lyrically it is powerful.
I eat up every line.


And let it be known. I am now a resident of China. Lo and I are again Chinese. It's all a little bittersweet.

April's Concert List:
APRIL 7: MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER- The Meridian
APRIL 22: The Canvas Waiting- Fitzgerald’s
APRIL 16: Haha tonka- Mangos



Just a few songs dedicated to Bad-Ash:
A collection of songs we use to jam in the jeep