February 24, 2010

Your skin. Oh yeah your skin and bones



Having been deprived of sleep is kind of a harrowing start to the morning.
I'm done being a little lab rat for the day.
I cant have coffee today so I'll be taking the day in baby steps.

It feels like Seattle here. Rainy and cold.



Currently, I'm conjuring up a theory on "Why today is going to be a good day."
Sometimes its best to live in theory.
This is what I have thus far:
-I'm going to dinner and a movie with my Kitty later tonight.
-I have my Lonely back
- My heart is steal beating, my brain is functioning, and I'm still breathing.
its a work in progress

The Veils have been on repeat all day.

For those of you yet to be blessed with their music, The veils are a band born in NZ, based in London, they make gloriously harsh and haunting folk-rock for the backstreets and badlands. For Me, their music is like slow dancing with the guy of your dreams...on the moon.

_____________________________



I just recently watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Play List. The movie itself is cute but predictable - nice soundtrack, a bit indie. Michael Cera playing himself as always gets a little old. But there is a dialogue between Nora and Nick ,that could be categorized in my favorite quotes from movies, in which Nora talks about the Beatles in a way that was nothing but the raw truth.

“Other bands, it’s about sex. Or pain. Or some fantasy. But The Beatles, they knew what they were doing. You know the reason The Beatles made it so big?”

“‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ First single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That’s what everyone wants. Not 24/7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche or a blow job or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have such a feeling that they can’t hide. Every single successful song of the past fifty years can be traced back to ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ And every single successful love story has those unbearable and unbearably exciting moments of hand-holding. Trust me. I’ve thought a lot about this.”


_____________________________


I dont think I've ever wanted to have someone else's hair as much as I do now.
Her hairstyle trumps Jenny Lewis's beautiful locks.
(and no one has ever trumped J.Lew in my book)

Wish me luck!